Nutrition Worksheet for Teeangers
1) Why is the Mediterranean diet good for brain health?
Answer: it contains a rich source of nutrients that support healthy brain health such as fibre (plants), omega-3 (seafood), low added sugar and saturated fat (can disrupt brain health).
2) What % of the Australian population eats enough vegetables?
A) 94% B) 6% C)10% D)100% E) 85%
3) Describe Mindful eating in your own words.
Answer:Mindful eating is maintaining an in-the-moment awareness of the food and drink you put into your body. It involves observing how the food makes you feel and the signals your body sends about taste, satisfaction, and fullness.
4) List 3 strategies that can be used to practice Mindful eating.
- Start by taking a few deep breaths and considering the health value of each different piece of food.
- Employ all your senses while you’re shopping, cooking, serving, and eating your food.
- Put your utensils down between bites.
5) Why are low G.I foods helpful to sustain energy levels?
Answer: Foods with carbohydrates that are broken down more slowly, and therefore provide longer-lasting energy.
6) List 3 low G.I breakfast options (high fibre)?
Answer: Nuts, seeds, legumes, dairy, vegetables, most fruits.
7) Which vitamin helps to absorb iron?
Answer: Vitamin C, it aids in iron absorption in our small intestines
8) Can you suggest a high iron meal/snack?
Answer: cashews and an dried apricots, porridge with nut butter & fruit, weetbix & fruit, steak, veg & homemade chips.
9) Provide an examples of how you can support your body and mental health during your menstrual cycle?
Answer: allow time for rest, drink plenty of water, reduce caffeine, find the right supplies that suit you, talk to family members if worried.
10) How many plant-based foods do we aim to eat for each week, for examples oats would be 1.
Answer: 30 different types to improve your digestive health and wellbeing.