Nutrition Seminars Australia
Our team of experienced Dietitians has been running nutrition seminars for community groups, universities and businesses for more than 10 years across Melbourne & Australia. We present the most current, interesting nutrition topics, which can be tailored to your needs from 1-3 hours. We offer key resources for staff to download and adapt to their own lifestyles. These seminars can be run from your office location or online via zoom or a similar program.
Nutrition Seminar Examples:
- How to eat a balanced diet.
- Food and mood.
- The foundation of sports nutrition.
- Food and sleep improvements.
- Strengthen your immunity.
- Nutrition and heart health
- Gut health and nutrition.
- Nutrition and healthy aging.
- Sustainable weight management.
- The SUGAR workshop (new).
- Menu planning & chair-based exercises (new).
- Healthy lifestyle and working from home (new).
Our nutrition and healthy eating programs are full of energy and informative information designed to create behavior change with our clients. We use a 50% teaching/50% interactive method and resources such as food visuals, games, case studies, recipes and nutrition activities to get our groups excited about nutrition. Below are the most popular Australian nutrition seminars we run. Please contact us for more details!
NUTRITION SEMINAR EXAMPLES
GUT HEALTH SEMINAR (1 hour)
Our gut health is a key component of our overall health and wellbeing and a hot topic for future nutrition research. Our microbiome influences 3 million different genes and cells in our body, which can be can have a positive impact on our health, such as fitness, mental health and organ health. In this seminar, we explore how to improve your gut health with food & nutrition using simple strategies and information for the audience to adapt into their lifestyle:
- The gut-brain axis and health.
- Pre and probiotics and food, supplement sources.
- Fibre and the benefits it has on our gut.
- Risky lifestyle factors can damage our gut health.
- Information sheets for our audience to read.
- Includes a Q and A component for the audience.
HOW TO EAT A BALANCED DIET (1 hour)
Our ‘How to eat a balanced diet’ seminar guides attendees through the government guidelines of nutrition, focusing on food culture, food groups, key nutrients, portion sizes and how to balance our consumption of food in modern society.
- Helps attendees to follow a balanced diet.
- Focusing on food groups, macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients.
- Meal planning ideas and recipes.
- How to prevent chronic diseases.
- Sugar, fat and salt awareness activities.
- Debunk FAD diets.
FOOD AND MOOD SEMINAR (1 hour)
Our ‘Food and Mood seminar’ guides participants through the topics of how food can influence our overall health and wellbeing. Identifying the right foods for our body can help to improve brain function, lift our mood and can help to prevent certain mental health conditions such as depression. This research in this field is very fresh and new, but also exciting to present about.
- Learn how regulating your eating patterns can improve energy levels.
- Understand how certain foods are important for balanced our hormones.
- Specific nutrients that offer mood-enhancing benefits such as dark chocolate.
- The nutritionist will focus on quick, easy cooking tips and tricks you can do at home.
- General advice about nutrition such as portion sizes, nutrients, weight loss, etc.
- Includes recipe handouts for attendees.
NUTRITION & CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION (1 hour)
Our ‘nutrition and chronic disease prevention seminar’ is tailored to up-skill an audience on the nutritional risk factors of chronic disease such as diabetes (type 2), heart disease, stroke, dementia, certain cancers. The advice we give is evidence-based and delivered in an interactive way to help attendees to grasp the key topics listed below:
- How to eat a healthy balanced to prevents chronic disease
- How our lifestyles can influence chronic disease
- Stress management with food
- Sleep management with food and exercise
- Menu assessment ideas and goal setting.
- How food can be used as medicine for a range of conditions
- Recipes and handouts provided
The Professionals Running Nutrition Seminars
Daley Nutrition employ engaging staff that are full of energy and love run community nutrition workshops, they have:
University qualification in Nutrition or Dietetics
Working with Children’s check
Years of experience teaching nutrition
Public liability and indemnity insurance
First aid certificates
Recognised by the Health Industry
Daley Nutrition are well respected and have worked with a range of health organisations in the last year such as:
The Department of Heath & Human Services
Dianella Community Health