HOW TO EAT A BALANCED DIET (1 hour)
Our ‘how to eat a balanced diet’ seminar guides attendees through the government guidelines of nutrition, focusing on why people eat, food groups, portion sizes and how to balance our consumption of food in modern society.
- Helps attendees to follow a balanced diet
- Focusing on food groups, macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients.
- Meal planning ideas and recipes.
- How to prevent chronic diseases.
- Sugar, fat and salt awareness activities.
- Debunk FAD diets.
FOOD AND MOOD SEMINAR (1 hour)
Our ‘food and mood seminar’ guides participants through the topics how food can influence our energy levels, hormones, and brain function. Eating the right foods can help to improve brain function, lift our moods and prevent certain mental health conditions such as depression. This research in this field is very fresh and the info we use covers this information.
- Learn how regulating your eating patterns can improve energy levels
- Certain foods are good for balanced our hormones and enabling better moods.
- We cover specific nutrients that offer mood enhancing benefits such as chocolate.
- The nutritionist will focus on quick, easy cooking with tips and tricks you can do at home
- General advice about nutrition such as portion sizes, nutrients, weight loss etc.
- Includes recipe handouts for attendees
NUTRITION & CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION (1 hour)
Our ‘nutrition and chronic disease prevention’ is tailored to the attendees chronic disease needs i.e. high risk factors for diabetes (type 2), heart disease, stroke, dementia, cancers. The advice we give is evidence based and delivered in an interactive way to help attendees to learn in a visual and interactive way.
- How to eat a healthy balanced to prevents chronic disease
- How our lifestyles can influence chronic disease
- Stress management with food
- Sleep management with food and exercise
- Menu assessment ideas and goal setting.
- How food can be used a medicine for a range of conditions
- Recipes and handouts provided