Nut free Lemon Cheesecake Bliss Balls
This recipe is the perfect addition to a party, gathering or lunchbox. The bliss balls can be used as a light starter or work well as a dessert with some coconut yogurt. The balls contain high amounts of dietary fibre, a good source of magnesium, and slow-releasing carbohydrates. If you are like us and have a surplus of lemons every year grown in your garden then this lemon cheesecake bliss balls recipe will put your lemons to good use. The recipe also works well as a tasty snack for children and because they are nut-free, they are great for school lunchboxes. For more tasty bliss ball recipes please view our top 10 bliss ball recipe page.
Lemon Cheesecake Bliss Balls Recipe
Ingredients (makes 8 balls).
- 1 cup of soaked dates (soak in warm water first for 10mins)
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tbsps of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 dessert spoon of coconut oil (to bind)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 sec.
- Blend the ingredients in a blender.
- Roll the dough into balls in your hands.
- Then roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
- Pop in the fridge for 30mins before eating.
Nut-free lemon cheesecake bliss balls
Posted by Daley Nutrition
Daley Nutrition is a community nutrition team based in Melbourne, Victoria. We run a range of nutrition-based programs such as cooking demonstrations in Australia to raise people’s awareness of what they are eating and empower them to change certain eating habits.
To find out more about our Nutrition Services below images