Don’t knock it until you try it.. these flourless brownies are to date one of best brownie batches I’ve ever made, and that’s a big call. Their texture is soft and gooey. The best part about it is that you wouldn’t even know that the main ingredient is kidney beans! This recipe was inspired by my multiple kidney bean cans sitting in my cupboard. I was feeling something sweet one night when I decided to cook these. A little tip when collecting the ingredients to make these brownies; opt for the reduced salt version of canned beans, as canned products often contain a lot of sodium (salt).
✔️ Vegan/ Dairy free
✔️ Contains sources of good fats!
- 1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Pics smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup quick oats
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Nuttelex
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, into a food processor, nutribullet (or similar) and blend until smooth.
- Add in the dark chocolate chips and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer mixture into a lined square baking tin.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once cooled, top with your choice of peanut butter and extra chop chips (optional)
Enjoy, 💗 Rose – Student Dietitian.