Nutrition and Healthy Eating Workshops
Available Online or In Person
About our Healthy Eating Workshops…..
Daley Nutrition has been running nutrition and healthy eating workshops for 10 years across both the UK and Melbourne, Australia. Set up by a husband and wife team -Luke Daley Public Health Nutritionist and Carly Daley performing artist and children’s entertainer. Their team offers a range of nutrition-based options for any audience and any setting, such as schools, community centres, prisons, corporate businesses, and universities. The workshops focus on improving people’s confidence in choosing healthy choices, cooking at home, understanding food groups, serving sizes, portions and the real joy of eating food.
The design of the nutrition and healthy eating workshops are based on being engaging, interactive and motivating. The Daley Nutrition staff are full of energy and laughter and banter with participants. Sessions are based on a 50% teaching/50% interactive model, using resources such as food visuals, games, case studies, recipes and nutrition games to get attendees excited about nutrition. Below are just some examples of the nutrition and healthy eating workshops we run. Please note that sessions can be tailored to your theme, just contact us here.
NUTRITION AND HEALTHY EATING WORKSHOP OPTIONS
All Primary School years (adapted to be age appropriate)
Our Nutrition School Incursions & Workshops run for 1 hour and are delivered in a fun and interactive way. The children walk away from the session empowered about making healthy choices. For information on various workshops, please see our School Incursions page.
- Helps pupils to identify government recommendations for intake of fruit & vegetables, portion sizes & benefits
- Educates pupils about healthy food choices and how good nutrition helps our muscles and bones
- Pupils are encouraged to taste test new foods using all their senses
- There is a key focus on where veggies come from and introducing them into the daily diet
- Curriculum focused to cover science, social learning, sustainability and health topics
- Includes handouts for parents.
Workplaces, community groups, universities & colleges
We offer a range of workplace nutrition programs such as staff consultations, presentations, seminars and cooking demos. Click here for more information.
The key topics we cover are:
- How to follow a balanced diet in the modern day.
- Food and mood and gut health.
- Food, nutrition and sleep improvements.
- Nutrition and chronic disease prevention
- Recipe ideas and cooking tips
- Handouts: recipes, fact sheets and herb & spice samples.
- For workplaces, community groups, universities & schools
Our 1 hour Cooking Demonstrations are a great way to interactively show participants how easy and quick it is to cook 2 healthy meals from scratch.
- Your choice of 2 tasty recipes from a breakfast, lunch or dinner menu
- The nutritionist will focus on quick, easy cooking with tips and tricks you can do at home
- General advice about nutrition such as portion sizes, nutrients, weight loss etc.
- Includes recipe handouts for attendees
We tailor the nutrition seminars to your group’s needed i.e. weight loss, reducing risk factors for chronic disease, general healthy eating. The seminars can go for 1-3hours depending on requirements. They are interactive, visual and include up to date research and advice. Topic examples are:
- How to eat a healthy balanced diet (focusing on breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and fluid intake).
- How good affects our mood (focusing on energy foods, veg and fruits that enhance brain function).
- Food and sleep improvements (focusing on key nutrient that can deepened your sleeping patterns.)
- Gut health and nutrition (focusing on pre and probiotic use).
- Weight management advice (we simply cut through the diet BS industry and make weight loss simple).
- The SUGAR workshop (we debunk all the sugars and find out what they do to our bodies.
For a longer description of these workshops please click here.
NUTRITION HEALTH STANDS
For expos at schools, gyms, expo’s, workplaces, university open days, conferences etc.
Our health stalls are interactive, engaging and educational. We provide nutrition visuals and games and can even offer smoothie or food tasting.
- Sugar/Fat/ Salt test tube awareness games
- Smoothie making from a range of delicious Daley Nutrition recipes
- Specific nutrition advice offered to the public
- Lots of flyers and visuals for kids and adults
- Heatlh assessments if required
Nutrition Workshop Professionals
Daley Nutrition employ engaging staff for all their nutrition workshops, they have:
University qualification in Nutrition or Dietetics
Working with Children’s check
Years of experience teaching nutrition
Public liability and indemnity insurance
First aid certificates
Recognised by the Health Industry
Daley Nutrition are well respected and have worked with a range of health organisations in the last year such as:
The Department of Heath & Human Services
Dianella Community Health
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“A great interactive seminar! I learnt what an actual serving size is for different food groups and how to accurately read food labels, which will help me at home and at work”. – Employee from Kmart Head Office Melbourne.
” I loved the Spicy Cajun Chicken couscous recipe! It took Luke 15mins to whip it together and it tasted great. I also found the food shopping cards that Luke gave out to be easy to understand. I now have more knowledge about what to look out for in supermarkets. ” – Employee from State Revenue office Melbourne.
JAMIE OLIVER QUOTE
“We’ve got to start teaching
our kids about food in schools.
Jamie Oliver – TED talk 2006