Chocolate Banana Bliss Balls
This chocolate banana bliss balls recipe was created by our family in the search of a quick easy recipe that would help with using up any over ripe bananas in the house. The recipe includes ecobananas as they produce the sweetest bananas in Australia and enable us to use fewer sweetener products in the bliss balls.
The balls contain roughly 100kcal each but deliver a wide range of nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium, and plant-based protein. You can modify the below recipe to exclude peanut butter and make them childcare friendly, just add tahini or coconut oil instead to enable the balls to bind.
Chocolate banana bliss balls recipe
Ingredients (makes 4 balls).
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1⁄3 of a ripe banana
- 1 tsp. of natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. of cacao powder
- A small splash of honey.
- 1 tbsp. of shredded coconut pieces (for rolling).
- Blend or crush the banana, peanut butter and cacao in a bowl.
- Then add the rolled oats into the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add a splash of honey if needed.
- Roll the dough into balls in your hands.
- Then roll the balls in the shredded coconut.
Enjoy 1-2 a day as part of a healthy balanced diet.
Chocolate banana bliss balls
Posted by Daley Nutrition
Daley Nutrition is a community nutrition team based in Melbourne Victoria, we run a range of nutrition based programs such as cooking demonstrations in Australia to raise people’s awareness of what they are eating and empower them to change certain eating habits.
To find out more about our Nutrition Services below images