This shortbread slice is AMAZING! The texture is crossed between a crumbly biscuit and an indulgent brownie…. boy do they taste good! Growing up I have always been a MASSIVE short bread fan, it’s actually my favourite biscuit. Because of this, I felt inspired to try and re-create a more nourishing and “not so naughty” treat, to bring along to a family BBQ. The best part about this one is it’s also dairy free.
They are also:
✔️ A source of fibre
✔️ Vegan / Dairy free
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 15):
180g (1½ cups) Oat Flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup almond Oil
1/4 cup calcium fortified soy milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp nuttelex
1-2 tbsp LSA powder
1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and like a square baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
3. Add in the oil, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and stir mixture until well combined. .
4. Add in the dark chocolate chips. .
5. Pour mixture into the lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean! .