GROWING NUTRITION – SCHOOL INCURSIONS
Our Growing Nutrition School Incursion (1 hour) is delivered in a fun and interactive way. There’s even an option for the school provide a small area of earth or a planter box to maintain their own veggies.
- Suitable for kindergarten and all primary school years
- Students plant their own seed in a mini pot to take home
- Learn about where and how food grows
- Food systems and sustainability
- Recycling and compost
- Planting and growing food
- Curriculum focused to cover science, social learning, sustainability and health topics.
Follow up option: cooking demonstration using produce grown by the class.
SNACK ART – SCHOOL INCURSIONS
Snack Art School Incursions (1 hour): The original and the best! This is our longest running workshop which we started in the UK with the NHS and now run on a weekly basis in Australia. It is our most popular workshop with more than 120 schools booking it in the last 3 years. This school incursion is packed with nutrition visuals and it is taught using fun activities, story-telling, food tasting and colourful props. The kids have a blast and so do our nutritionists running them!
- Suitable for kindergarten and prep years
- How food makes us feel
- How food helps our muscles, bones, skin and teeth
- Create an edible work of art
- Taste test foods using all 5 senses
- Curriculum focused to cover science, social learning and health topics
- Includes take home leaflet for parents to reinforce messages at home
HEALTHY SMILES WORKSHOP
The Healthy Smiles oral health incursion (1 hour) introduces children to dental hygiene and health. We go through the function of our teeth and how to keep them healthy by understanding which foods and drinks can cause tooth decay:
- Children learn about how their teeth work and function (model work)
- Children learn how food and drinks can cause tooth decay
- Children will learn about how calcium foods help our teeth
- In groups we will make a healthy high calcium smoothie recipe 🙂